The objective of the Multiple Autonomous Robotic Systems (MARS) Laboratory is to promote basic research and education in robotics and computer vision with special emphasis on estimation and control of autonomous ground, aerial, and space exploration vehicles.
Researchers in our group have a diverse background in Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Industrial Engineering, and Physics.
The research interests of our group are on resource-aware estimation and control, including:
- Vision/Laser-aided inertial navigation systems (VINS, RGBD-INS, LINS)
- Large-scale 3D localization and mapping on cell phones and wearable computers
- Multi-robot/sensor localization, mapping, and navigation
- Active sensing for reconfigurable networks of sensors
- Optimal information selection and fusion
- Mobile manipulation
- Human-robot cooperation